OLD SCHOOL VETERINARY PRACTICE
Client data, processed by The Old School Veterinary Practice, is held under the rules laid down by the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and its attendant updates, including those (GDPR) coming into force in May 2018. This legislation protects your privacy and ensures that your personal information is held both fairly and lawfully.
Our Commitment to our Clients:
The Old School Veterinary Practice is committed to ensuring that we comply with not only the letter of the law as laid down in the DPA but also with the spirit of that legislation. Only information required by us to ensure the health and wellbeing of your animals will be processed, and retained only then, for as long as absolutely necessary. None of the information held by us will be sold, given or otherwise shared with anyone not directly involved with the wellbeing of your animal without your prior consent, or in response to a lawful request by a legally empowered body. If you wish to see your personal data held by the practice, then you have a legal right to request that data and we are obliged to respond as soon as is reasonable; and we will endeavour to do so within two working days.
Why we hold data about you:
- To ensure that our clinicians can reach you quickly in an emergency.
- To send information about the services we offer to maintain your animal’s health.
- To contact you if we consider there is a threat your animals wellbeing.
- To help provide the healthcare you would expect of us.
What personnel data is kept:
- Name & Address
- Telephone/mobile number, e-mail or other contact preferences.
- Appointment records.
- Treatments and costs.
- Proposed care, including referral’s and or any specific consents given.
- Correspondence about your animals with other healthcare professionals.
All practice data is processed and held by us in a secure manner and regular audits are undertaken to ensure confidentiality. Please contact the practice administrator if you have any questions about our practices Data Protection Policy.